Saturday, July 11, 2009

The click of the shutter release or rather lightbulb!

Some things are finally clicking! Initially my attempts to find some interesting things to take pictures were thwarted by the thick vegetation, which just makes a messy picture. I think it looks ok, but certainly not what the professor is looking for.



So I decided to one of two parks I thought I'd be able to find something interesting...like maybe the rose garden. The roses are in some serious need of someone with a green thumb. I headed to the other park I had in mind.

I decided the bridge over the pond would be a good place to start and took a couple of photos. There is a "waterfall" or rather little spillway from an elevated part of the pond into the lower part. I just couldn't get the "waterfall" to have the softness. I went home to look at one of my photography books to determine which shutter speed would achieve the image I wanted.

I headed back to the park at 7:30 or so. With the light a was less harsh, I set my shutter speed of 1/4 and I was able to achieve the effect.



Here is were it's starting to click....I changed positions away from the water and as I was focusing the camera and filling the frame, a little girl came and sat down in front of the bridge. It was too cute, until I reviewed the pictures at home. She is blurry in all the other pictures, because I captured her movement using the slow shutter speed at 1/4th. REMEMBER TO CHANGE SHUTTER SPEED.

I am hoping that maybe a few of the film pictures with the little girl will be decent. A few more kids walked through at one point. Maybe I will be surprised with the way they turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment