Saturday, August 15, 2009

Glad I did it!



Well Photography class is over. I am majoring in Business Administration and realistically should have used the the 4 credits towards accumulating 21 credit hours of accounting. Sometimes it is hard to be impractical, but I am so glad I decided to take photography rather than extra accounting classes.

I decided that in Spring, I will be taking Photography II. I chose to take it in the Spring rather than next summer, because I will have 5 months and a couple of seasons rather than 2 months to find things to photograph.

It was a challenge trying to balance the principles of photography and stretching for creativity. For example I really like the creative use of depth of field. Like when a flower is in focus but the back ground is thrown out of focus. The professor really didn't want to see much of that kinda of stuff at this point. He wanted sharp focus and proper depth of field.

So basically I made it harder than it needed to be because I was really searching for things that I could photograph. The best assignment that really made it things start to click was the lighting assignment.

For the assignment we had to choose one thing to photograph during different times of the day. So if you are looking for somewhere to start I would suggest doing just so.

I chose a set of railroad tracks near my house. One of the 5 or so times I went to the tracks, it was 8 am or so and lightly raining. Later on in the same day it was wet from the rain but sunny. I also thought the closer I got to the bridge that was over the tracks, the better the pictures would be. The professor actually liked the bridge from afar and I agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment