Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Class and Outing

My first photography class was pretty good despite the fact that the second film camera I got will not be suitable for the class. I discovered that the camera does not allow manipulation of the shutter priority. After class I brought it to the Professors attention. He was pretty cool and set me up with a Nikon instead of the Cannons he assigned to the class members who did not have their own cameras. Not only did he provide me with a Nikon but the lens that just happened to be on the camera is a 28 to 70mm zoom with a macro attachment. I can still use my 50 mm lens, the other lens, and flash with my assigned camera.

Although the class is primarily emphasizes film photography, we will get to use digital SLR's as well. I grabbed my D60 before I left work, but it was pretty rainy all day. I did not get to go out at lunch time. After work it started to clear up, so I went downtown. Upon my first few minutes of getting set up and figuring out a few meter readings and applying them, I was approached by a man who needed my financial assistance in sending him back to where he came from. Seriously???? I expected I would encounter an undesirable situation, so to avoid anymore situations where I'd be alone I call my boyfriend Z to come be my bodyguard/assistant.

Despite the fact that we were only downtown for an hour and half we were approached 3 more times for a total of 4 encounters by panhandlers who may possibly be homeless. The solicitors were distracting, but I was able to get a few shots where I believe my meter readings and corresponding photos turned out ok. There are a few where the composition was off but the light was pretty good and others where the composition was creative but the lighting was less than desirable.

















No comments:

Post a Comment